Kristi's Reviews > A Good Girl's Guide to Murder

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly  Jackson

bookshelves: 2020release, arc, crime-thriller, netgalley, random-house, suspense, thriller, mystery, psychological-thriller, young-adult
Read 2 times. Last read January 31, 2020 to February 3, 2020.

Thrillers are one of my favorite genres and I’ve been reading a lot of them lately, Adult and Young Adult. A Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson just made it to my favorites list! It is a complex puzzle of a story with the perfect amount of smoke screens and diversions to keep me turning pages and second guessing myself.

“And though this story does have its monsters, I’ve found that it is not one that can be so easily divided into the good and the bad.”

The characters are so well-layered and personable, it was easy to become emotionally invested in them. Pippa, the main character, is a girl after my own heart and one of my favorite sorts of characters. She is brave and heroic with an incredibly nerdy sarcastic personality. She is an empathetic and ethical voice in the midst of chaos and deceit. The secondary characters are just as well developed and intertwined into the story impeccably.

The story itself is both a crime mystery and a suspenseful thriller, and as I said earlier, it is deliciously complex and I was invested right from the start, partly because the plot, while strongly character driven, also has an irresistible mystery at its heart; I was thoroughly hooked by the second chapter. It is quickly paced and the ending is satisfying and brilliant. To say I thoroughly enjoyed this would be an understatement! 5 stars for this beauty and I cannot wait to see what Holly Jackson does next.

A big thank you to Random House Childrens, Holly Jackson, and NetGalley for providing me with this DARC in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder.

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
January 31, 2020 – Started Reading
January 31, 2020 – Shelved
February 3, 2020 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
February 3, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula Outstanding review, Kristi!