Melissa 's Reviews > T'Aragam

T'Aragam by Jack W. Regan

Apr 22, 2012

After laboring through chapter 1, the next ones gave me a surprisingly good read. What a big relief! For a short while I thought it was going to be another one of those free but ho-hum read. But T'aragam got me hooked the moment "the ground shook". From then on, things kept happening fast and moving downhill for our 13 year old hero Max Ransome.

Among the many memorable characters that join Max in his power struggle is a cheese-crazy medgekin named Gramkin, monster brothers (yeah, they are literally monsters) Doom & Gloom, the white wizard Zohar, brave and loyal soldiers, nefarious villains, and even an equuraptor named Dresden. Dark wizard Zodak, Zohar's brother, sends evil Phantors to kill Max's father, the only person standing in his way to rule T'aragam. Zodak is determined to get rid of Max too when Max refuses to take part in his dominion. Meanwhile, Zohar does everything in his power to help the young heir of Ransome Hall take his father's place and restore peace to the land.

The world building is not quite meticulously detailed, but there is adequate description to help situate the events unfolding, and make it easier for me to believe T'ARAGAM exists. As dire as Max's situation is, there's still plenty of humor in the dialogue and the narrative which was so unexpected. It made me laugh out loud. Really funny, Jack Regan! There are also enough situations in this book that generate anticipation. My eagerness to know what happens next make me go through the pages faster and finishing the book sooner than I expected. I ended up smiling with this one. Good job!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read T'Aragam.

April 22, 2012 – Started Reading