B.C. Deeks's Reviews > The Alchemist and an Amaretto

The Alchemist and an Amaretto by Annette Marie

bookshelves: romance-urban-fantasy

Five books in about as many days will tell you how much I loved this series by @authorAnnetteMarie. The Guild Codex:Spellbound series is intended for the young adult audience but if you enjoy light paranormal, this will be a fun read for you. The series is filled with magic, romance, humour and adventure but, at its core, is the universal story of a tough young woman from a bereft upbring finding her people and place in the world. And the author has done it really well. The mythical world is tightly woven into the real City of Vancouver, the magic is imaginative and balanced with a well-paced storyline, and there is a romantic tension that is lovely to watch as it slowly simmers just under the surface. The author has taken the time to develop her main characters beyond what could have been four stereotypes-the abandoned woman, the rich guy, the guy with the secret background and so on, and yeah, they are all extremely gorgeous, but we're talking fantasy here people! Book Six came out this January so I'll be savouring it as I read because, no matter how prolific Annette Marie may be, I doubt she'll have Book Seven ready for me by next week.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alchemist and an Amaretto.

January 30, 2020 – Shelved