Kimberly's Reviews > 10 Ways To Steal Your Lover

10 Ways To Steal Your Lover by Dee Tenorio

bookshelves: contemporary, review, erotic, romance, read-2012
Read 2 times. Last read April 22, 2012.

Recommended Read

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recom...

Kane Wilkensen has been head-over-heels in love with Delilah McGavin for three years. There’s just one problem – she’s engaged to his best friend, Craig. Kane’s not about to do anything that will hurt Craig or Delilah and he’s fully prepared to go to Las Vegas, smile, and do everything he should as Craig’s best man. Then something strange happens…

Kane wakes up in Vegas with an enormous blank spot in his memory, a pile of cash in a luxurious hotel suite, and a wedding ring on his finger. And his wife is none other than Delilah. Kane isn’t the kind of guy who would steal his best friend’s girl, but fate seems to be sending him a sign. As he and Delilah work to put together the pieces of the night before and find out how they ended up married, Kane can’t help but try and convince the woman he loves that he is, in fact, the right man for her.

10 Ways to Steal Your Lover starts off with a knock-your-socks-off sexy scene, and good luck getting said footwear back on, because Dee Tenorio keeps the heat, fun, and tension on high all through the story.

I admit, I was wary of the plotline when I read the blurb for 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover. I was also worried I wouldn’t like Kane or Delilah and would spend the entire story feeling sorry for Craig. However, since the author is Ms. Tenorio, I had to give 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover a shot. I’m so glad I did! It’s nearly impossible to write a story like this where (1) there are no bad people and (2) the story is realistic. Any concerns I had going into this book were quickly quashed. Kane, Delilah, and Craig are all genuinely good people; Craig and Delilah simply aren’t right for one another and they were trying to hold onto something each thought they should want. Each character has honor, kindness, and compassion, and I loved that about 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover.

But enough about moral high ground. What makes 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover one of my favorite books of Ms. Tenorio’s is the blend of sensuality, humor, and heart. Delilah is a quirky heroine who made me smile and Kane is an insanely sexy hero whose love for Delilah made me melt. The connection between them – in bed and out – makes 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover shine. And speaking of melting, you’d better turn up the air conditioning when reading 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover, because this book is hot! Round that out with some Hangover-like elements as Delilah and Kane try to piece together the forgotten night they got married and you’ve got a winning story on your hands. My only complaint is that I finished 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover wanting Craig’s book…and that’s not much of a complaint ;)

From the very beginning to the very end, 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover is pure pleasure to read. I loved Kane and Delilah’s story the first time I read it and each successive re-read has only made me smile more. Joyfully Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Ways To Steal Your Lover.

Finished Reading