Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Sun Down Motel

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James

This is the way a book should be! Spooky and entertaining to the max!

I love everything about The Sun Down Motel. I could see it in my head happening like a movie. A movie which I probably would be too scared to watch.

The book begins in 1982 with the disappearance of Viv Delaney, a young woman from Chicago who has stopped at the Sun Down Motel while she was on her way to NYC. Viv decides to take a job as the night clerk for the motel but she soon realizes that something very wrong is happening at this place. The doors of the rooms open on their own accord, she can smell smoke when there's no one smoking, noises and voices are heard in the middle of the night. Then, she learns Fell is a town full of secrets. Multiple women have died and Viv starts believing their deaths might all be related.

In 2017, Carly Kirk is a college student who recently has lost her mother. She decides to take a trip to Fell, NY. She is in search of clues as to what happened to her aunt at The Sun Down Motel in 1982. When she gets to Fell, she finds a roommate, Heather. Heather is a night owl who likes true crime, just like Carly does. In order to investigate her aunt's disappearance, Carly decides to take the job her aunt once had, as the night clerk for The Sun Down motel. Not long after, eerie things start happening to her. Carly with the help of Heather, and a stranger, Nick Harness, knows she must find out the truth of what happened at the motel the night Viv disappeared.

Such a good book. Great story with great writing. Excellent plot and characterization. I was completely immersed in this novel. I highly recommend it.

Cliffhanger: No

5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Berkley via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sun Down Motel.

January 6, 2020 – Started Reading
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: publisher
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: sociopath
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: suspense
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: traveling-sister-reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Glad you enjoyed it too, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it too, Sheyla!"
Norma, I did. I love how scary it was at times...

Kaceey Fabulous review Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed this one too! I would definitely be too scared to see this one as a movie!🙈

marilyn Great review and such a good story. 💟

Meredith Agreed, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed this too! Wonderful review!

Sheyla ✎ Kaceey wrote: "Fabulous review Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed this one too! I would definitely be too scared to see this one as a movie!🙈"
I'm glad I'm not the only one. The first time the Motel goes crazy, I would have run so far away from it. Can't understand why they would have gone back.

Sheyla ✎ marilyn wrote: "Great review and such a good story. 💟"
Thank you!

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Agreed, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed this too! Wonderful review!"

Jayme Glad you loved this too! Great review!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister So glad you loved this too! Fabulous review Sheyla!!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Terrific review,Sheylaツ,

message 12: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Wilbanks | This Is My Everybody | T.I.M.E. Thanks so much for the recommendation, Sheyla! This one is already in my TBR stack. Looks like I need to move it to the top of the pile!... ✨😎✨

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Glad you loved this too! Great review!!"
I did....at times I got scared.(I'm a scary cat)

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "So glad you loved this too! Fabulous review Sheyla!!"
Thank you, Lindsay. It was a great one

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "Terrific review,Sheylaツ,"

Sheyla ✎ Denise wrote: "Thanks so much for the recommendation, Sheyla! This one is already in my TBR stack. Looks like I need to move it to the top of the pile!... ✨😎✨"
Hi Denise, Yes, I think you need to move it higher in your TBR!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "Terrific review,Sheylaツ,"

Pleasure L💕ve