Rachel's Reviews > The Heart of the Rebellion

The Heart of the Rebellion by Sian Ann Bessey

U 50x66

I love reading historical fiction and learning about times and places that have somehow been forgotten or have been lost with the passing of time. The Heart of the Rebellion, by Sian Ann Bessey, was as pleasant to read as it was educational. I had limited knowledge of the background of Wales prior to reading this book and was eager to learn more about it after I finished this story. It was indeed interesting to see a small glimpse of what life was like at that time for the Welsh people and adding in some romance and character stories made the book flow and was enjoyable to read. There's talk of battles and warriors, but it did not overpower the journey that the characters went on throughout the book. You will find yourself rooting for the couple to get together, and for the Welsh to find the freedom that they so desperately want and deserve. I really liked how Catrin found herself and followed her heart and convictions. Life certainly isn't ever easy and the path we walk daily, as shown in this story, can be filled with trials, doubts and hardships. But overcoming those hardships to find freedom, love and peace makes those little trials worth it in the end. I felt that the book was well written and accurate for the time period. The side characters were also well written and added a lightness, humor and warmth to the story. I would highly recommend this book.

I receive an ARC of this book. My opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart of the Rebellion.

Started Reading