Elle's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

* Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. *

4.5 stars.

Alice has started hearing a voice in her head. It's herself...a time-traveling consciousness from 10 years in the future. She has been told that a deadly virus will kill 2/3 of the people on Earth...unless Alice can prevent it. To do so, Alice must kill someone...one of her classmates. She must kill one to save millions.

Occasionally darkly humourous, Malice is a YA sci-fi dystopian novel with an underlying layer that is much more hard-hitting--revealing several areas of social commentary. I liked the concept a lot and found the execution to be well done. The narrative moves at a quick pace with very little extraneous plot and good characters who act true to their age. There are moments when the writing is a little immature, but overall it is snappy, smart, and thoughtful. The plot is fun and twisting, but the mystery isn't too difficult to solve if the reader pays attention. I very much enjoyed my read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

January 27, 2020 – Shelved