Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Baby I'm Yours

Baby I'm Yours by Carrie Elks

Read 2 times. Last read January 27, 2020 to February 1, 2020.

Not far into Baby I’m Yours and I felt the love for this deliciously sexy, sweet, and heartfelt story. From the moment Harper and James met, I felt the electricity between them and was excited to delve into this story of a heartbroken widow and a down on her luck clothing designer.

Harper is one of those endearing characters that had me from the start. We met her as Caitie’s best friend in Just a Kiss, and even then I found her delightful. She’s pretty no no-nonsense and not given to hyperbole so when she declares that her place in James’ life couldn’t compare to what he had in the past I felt that nudge of worry that she may be right. As we get the story from both their perspectives, there were times that indicated James was stuck in a mindset that didn’t give way to a romantic connection between them, no matter the chemistry.

I loved how the author developed their relationship, that given time and the formation of friendship, they could co-parent their “ oopsie” baby. Elks shows the strong undercurrent of sexual tension between them which also allows them to connect on another level. Now, James doesn’t always handle his before and after life choices well, giving me a bit of anxiety. He’s clearly at odds with how he feels, and not facing it, not speaking his heart's desires has consequences.

One thing is for sure, Harper deserves the fairytale. She builds a business, and as she settles into Angel Sands, she grows her tribe. She fits perfectly in the community and leaves her past behind. James will need to learn this lesson himself. Elks delivers the moment of reckoning with gusto. If I could have reached through the pages and thump James in the forehead I would have. He certainly knows how to mess things up and how Harper reacts felt very right, justifiable and with grace.

Elks also gives her characters a wonderful second chance love story with a “…strange, ragtag family of three.” Beginning and I loved the lesson that James learns, that “…humans are capable of more love…” than he thought possible. This story made me cry both sad and ultimately happy tears. I can’t wait for a return to Angel Sands and to see this wonderful family again.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby I'm Yours.

Finished Reading