Anna's Reviews > The Two-Date Rule

The Two-Date Rule by Tawna Fenske

A free fall into an inferno of happiness!

Willa is a bit of a hard sell on things outside of her safe secure world.

She has her father, her not so reliable alcoholic father. Her two best friends. Her menagerie of broken animals. And her business.

But every so often the girls get her outside her comfort zone.

And on one of these nights she happens to meet Grady. She mistakes him for a male stripper, but rather than be offended he's thoroughly charmed.

He also charmed enough to find himself determined to see her for more than two dates. Even if that is her 'rule'.

Grady is a smoke jumper from a family of smoke jumpers. He doesn't tend to be a planner. But maybe he needs to re-evaluate that, because he's met someone who may not appreciate his short sightedness.

Willa & Grady have both been affected by things they saw their parents do. But can they figure out what they need to do to get past that?

I love this book. It's got the humor and love I expect from Tawna, but I will say Willa and her baggage hit me a bit more than I expected. She touches on the topics of mental health, addiction, alcoholism, homelessness, and poverty, but with Tawna's touch of care and humor.

I love the bumpy but happily ever yellow brick road their journey takes. Funny. Sweet. Steamy. Touching. Really, all sorts of feels. Leaves you with a warm happy glow.

I received a review copy from NetGalley. I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two-Date Rule.

January 27, 2020 – Shelved