Amanda's Reviews > The Rogue Captain

The Rogue Captain by K.  Webster

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

Mmmm... I love. love. LOVE. immersing myself in the world of Mortuus. I surely sound like a broken record by now, but gosh each time I "travel" there in my mind I fall deeper under the Morts' spell. Plus, each time I swear that Mort is my favorite, till the next installment comes out, then suddenly that one is my favorite. I'll just call them all my favorites, even the ones that aren't out yet cause I know I will love them ALL!

Theron and Willow... oh my gosh! These two stumbling through a friends with benefit's style relationship is "cute", cause you know that no woman can say no to those Morts. LOL! Willow tries so hard to be strong, and not fall for Theron's charms, but when he shows her the real him under all the teasing and flirting, it's a losing battle. Then seeing it from Theron's side, where he is "trying" to respect her boundaries, and stick to the rules she's set, shows that even the notorious flirt can settle down at some point. Obviously from the readers point of view, I'm yelling "Why are you fighting this? They are perfect!", but I do appreciate knowing that K and Nicole still make the Morts fight for their Aliens.

Like in each book before this one, more of the planet Mortuus is discovered, and what started as a small section of this planet is expanding into an even larger world. Showing them all that they aren't as alone as they all thought they were. Within these pages the stakes are raised, and soon we'll get an ending that will blow our minds... I know it's coming.

If you are late to the party, make sure to start with the Forgotten Commander and buzz through to get to this cause YOU NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE! You won't change my mind! LOL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue Captain.

January 26, 2020 – Shelved