Victor Gentile's Reviews > Her Restless Heart

Her Restless Heart by Barbara Cameron

Apr 21, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Barbara Cameron in her new book, “Her Restless Heart” Book One in the Stitches in Time Series published by Abingdon Press takes us into the life of Mary Katherine in the Amish community in Lancaster County.

From the back cover: Looking outward, searching inward

Mary Katherine is caught between the traditions of her faith and the pull of a different life. When Daniel, an Amish man from Florida, arrives, Mary Katherine feels drawn to him and curious about the life he leads away from Lancaster County.

But her longtime friend Jacob has fallen in love with her, and he’s afraid of losing Mary Katherine to this outsider.

Will the conflicted Mary Katherine be lost to the Englisch world, or to Daniel, who may take her away to Florida? Or will she embrace her Amish faith and recognize Jacob as the man she should marry and build a life with?

In ”Her Restless Heart” worlds collide; Lancaster County, Florida and the Englisch world. For Mary Katherine each has something to offer that she needs and she is torn between them all. This is a story of self-esteem and the things we do as human beings to build our self-esteem when our parents have not given it to us. We build our relationships on who is helping to support our self-esteem whether they are good or bad. On top of everything Ms. Cameron manages to weave a romance into this story that just captivates you. She makes you care for all the characters and their journey. This is also just plain fun and exciting as well. Don’t start this book late at night because it will cost you sleep. I look forward to the next book in the series.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop, commercial free Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Restless Heart.