Novels On The Run's Reviews > Losing Lila

4119908
Apr 21, 2012

Read from July 16 to 19, 2012

MARISSA'S REVIEW:

6 STARS OF PURE ENJOYMENT!

EXPLOSIVE
ACTION PACKED
AND HOT!
ONE OF 2012’S BEST YA RELEASES

Hot on the heels of success that Hunting Lila and Fated have brought Sarah Alderson, we have ourselves her best work to-date! Losing Lila starts with a bang – well a chase through the streets and roof tops of Mexico City - and goes high speed right until the very last page.
To say I enjoyed Losing Lila is an understatement.

Lila and Alex are on a mad race to try stay one step ahead of the unit and rescue not only Jack (shot and in a coma on the military base), but Lila and Jack’s mum – not dead and killed Demos, but held captive by Richard Stirling and being “tested” on like a lab rat. The have joined forces with Demos and the gang of lovable psy larricans to infiltrate the base and bring about the demise of Stirling Enterprises.

But wait…..let’s throw Lila’s overprotective dad into the mix and we have ourselves one family reunion sure to make your head spin!

Hunting Lila was fantastic and introduced us to some awesome and lovable characters – even the “baddies” were great! Sarah takes it a few steps further in Losing Lila giving us more insight into the secondary characters of Nate, Suki, Amber, Alicia and even Harvey. We see a side of Demos that could crack a steel heart. And you can’t help but love the quips thrown about from Nate’s Mamma, Mrs Johnson.

The chemistry that sizzles between Alex and Lila is ever present and won’t disappoint! We are given just enough personal interaction between them to enjoy (and cement Alex as one of YA’s hottest) and just the right amount to not overpower the main focus of the mission that they have all embarked on. A well balanced romance and adventure novel.

Now I hear you six stars! That's right. Six stars of pure enjoyment from start to finish!

To catch more Sarah Alderson, check her out on
www.sarahalderson.com
Twitter: @sarahalderson
Facebook: LosingLila & SarahAlderson

MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 5 ALEX & JACK MUSCLY BOYS & FUNNY NATE STARS!!

Alex was standing behind me, bare-chested and in jeans, his hands resting lightly on my shoulders.

Excuse me while I take a moment. This was the third sentence in the book.... giddy up!

I'm trying to show the vibe of the first chapter

The opening chapter was like something out of the Fast and Furious 5. Holy batman! We were off and running on rooftops over Mexico City in the sweltering heat. I was on those rooftops jumping and running too. Bullets whizzing past me ...errr.... Lila, and Alex as they try to escape from, The Unit.

Out of one boiling kettle, into the hands and trust of Carlos and his drug den.

Lila and Alex are our main character’s busting their chops to get Jack and Melissa out of The Unit’s clutches with Demos and Key playing ...errr... key parts.

Nate and Suki are uber gorgeous doing their part. Nate is more, out- of-body. I would love a little novella with Suki and Nate’s little adventure to help their crew out. Suki did manage to stop off and get herself some new shoes.

Girlfriend knows how to work those heels.

Nate and Suki together, ogling Jack and Alex, are rather precious. They are very funny together, feeding off each other’s dialogue.

Lila is coming in to her own, really working her powers, starting to learn control. Plans are being formed for the next death defying scheme, attempting to infiltrate the marine base where Jack and Melissa are being held.

Who can they trust?

OMG the twists!

Loved them!

I personally would have liked more Alex and Lila action. Hunting Lila was very ‘hot’ and smexi..... and that was just the tension. In 'Losing Lila', Sarah teases us with nuddy scenes! Not that I am complaining. Visually it did wonders in my head .

Happy Days

I luuurrrvvved every time Alex knelt down in front of Lila to talk to her....* sigh* , the attention he gave her was dreamy.

Sarah has left me craving more, and I am uber nosey to find out about a couple of the characters and where Sarah will take us with them. It all just got switched up another notch.

Oh, Demos and Harvey you little devils.

I looovvved the spesh bonus Alex POV at the end of Losing Lila. Alex is just a hunk of lad...* sigh *.

From the opening action scene to the crazy ‘break out’ scene, Sarah will capture your attention, the pages will turn, you will be left gasping, and gripping your book. The twists will come, and Nate and Suki will have you belly laughing. Sarah will have you wanting more nuddy swimming, *wink* and for Lila to hurry up and have a birthday....hehe........ what?

FAVE QUOTES:

'.....What will we do for eye candy now? Were you thinking of Nate at all? Were you thinking of me?'

'I can't believe you elbowed me out of the way,' Nate yelled from the corner where he was sitting, watching himself on-screen.
'Nate, they wanted someone pretty in the shot. That's why they interviewed me.'

Michelle

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.