Angel Hench's Reviews > TERROR MANNEQUIN

TERROR MANNEQUIN by Douglas Hackle

bookshelves: bizarro-fiction

I feel like if Clive Barker and Douglas Adams had a book baby - IT WOULD BE THIS BOOK. Feeling complete weird book love here ❤

HERE'S THE SUMMARY: Glont Lamont (a.k.a My Tiny Little Weak Bitch) is having a bad Halloween week. He just wants to take a girl out. Instead, he must take his "nephews" (an ancient 2-year-old and a sentient packet of shape-shifting flesh) reverse trick-or-treating through an entire town to avoid an angry mob. AND NOW they even have to visit the previously inaccessible home of the murderous Terror Mannequin (a jack-in-the-box controlled by a voodoo doll controlled by a creepy old doll controlled by a ventriloquist dummy controlled by an mannequin, or is it the other way around?)

And if you don't think that's some of the weirdest sentences I've ever written, you would be wrong.

HERE'S THE REVIEW: So this was weird. In the best, most absurd and bizarre way. If you need your fiction to make perfect sense, this is definitely not the book for you. This is funny, irreverent, off-putting, offensive, interesting, creepy, gory and just plain fun. For all its absurdity, this is a really well-written, highly crafted story and I really can't wait to read more from this author. Definitely try it if this review has interested you at all.

Click here to check out all my book things.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read TERROR MANNEQUIN.

January 26, 2020 – Started Reading