Maria Thomas's Reviews > A Distance Too Grand

A Distance Too Grand by Regina Scott

U 50x66
True confessions: I stayed up until 4:00 am to finish this book all in one go.

I was totally drawn in to reading this book based on the cover. It is beautiful. Based on the cover I expected the book to be a little more light-hearted or humorous than it was but that was okay.

I liked the main characters though I didn't feel as connected to them as a couple as I did as individuals. I think my favorite characters were Dot and her husband though. Cute side characters.

There is an element of mystery and intrigue along with the romance but it wasn't hard to figure out who the bad guy was and what had happened before the big reveal. I think that part wasn't the point of the story. It was interesting to have a book set at the Grand Canyon during this time period. I haven't read that before. The book is slower paced and even when exciting things happened (Fire!) I still felt the calm of a slower book.

It has been a while since I read Christian Lit and I didn't realize this one was, so the religious elements of this book stood out to me. It wasn't everywhere in the book but when it was there, it was bold.

I was surprised that a woman as bold and forward thinking in her feminist views as Meg, was wearing a riding habit and sitting side saddle. I would have expected her to be in britches and riding astride in this setting. Of course, then the cover might not have been quite as inviting and the riding habit did play a role in the story so....

Sex: no
Language: no
Violence: yes, not graphic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Distance Too Grand.

January 24, 2020 – Started Reading