RopeSwing Reads's Reviews > The Night Swim

The Night Swim by Megan Goldin

Recommended for: BOOK CLUBS!!!
Read 2 times. Last read January 24, 2020.

OUT OF THE 29 BOOK CLUB participants who read the ARC, we all agree it is a MUST read for their book clubs this year! Not just on the list… but at the top of the list for the AUGUST READ!!

This book has it: a victim advocate with a voice, a victim with no voice, and a bunch of small town politics (THAT WE SEE EVEN IN BIG CITIES,) cover-ups of not just one crime, but two.

Rachel Krall hosts a crime podcast that looks into cases where justice wasn’t served, or highlights cases where justice is slipping away. While in the town of Neapolis to cover a trial against a sports star (in the small town) who being accused of rape, Rachel starts receiving letters from someone claiming to need her help in solving her sisters’ murder years before.

This HAIR-RAISING, SPINE-TINGLING, ANGER-FEST made me want to run out and start a vigilante-crime-fighting-underground-for-women-who-never-received-their-justice-organization! I won’t do it, of course, but it really raises the question of how often victims in the day of #METOO still don’t get their justice. Because let’s face it the truth is that this type of small town story plays out across the country in our headlines STILL nearly every day!
Sad, compelling, nail-biting, and unforgettable.

I also want to add, the podcast angle was genius!

Thanks St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

description
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Swim.

Finished Reading