Maria Thomas's Reviews > More than Enemies on the Bridge of Main Street

More than Enemies on the Bridge of Main Street by Meg Easton

U 50x66

bookshelves: american, animals, church-of-jesus-christ-author, clean, contemporary, enemies-to-love, quick-read

I think this book is as good as the others in this series but I liked it the least. Totally personal preference. I just don't like watching people battle against each other. I'm not a fan of personal conflict. So this is totally on me and not the book itself. Obviously I knew they would be enemies going in. I just hoped I'd be able to overlook it more than I did.

The main characters were good people who were both seeking for something good. But I felt like there was not enough attempt to find a way to do both. Until the end. Then it was all good. I enjoyed their banter when they were getting along, like on their stay up 24 hours thing.

I loved Alete's relationship with her grandmother. They were very sweet. And her parents are too. Zane is overcompensating for childhood issues with his family. That was rather sad.

The book is clean and Nestled Hollow is one of those small towns Hallmark movies are made of. Actually the book could be a Hallmark movie.

No sex, language or violence
* I received a complimentary copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More than Enemies on the Bridge of Main Street.

January 24, 2020 – Started Reading