Mallory Farnham's Reviews > Viper's Creed

Viper's Creed by T.L. Shreffler

bookshelves: runawaypen-reviews, ebooks, young-adult

I was anxiously awaiting Viper's Creed since finishing the first book, Sora's Quest, and it did not disappoint!

This book takes place one year after Sora's Quest ended, in that time Sora has grown up quite a bit since the first book, her fighting skills have improved as well. She finds Crash, and they begin a journey, with friends both old and new.

Crash is just as mysterious and interesting as ever, though parts of his past are beginning to reveal themselves. There are several subtle changes in his and Sora's relationship, they become much closer and Crash will still have fans swooning over his dark and dangerous persona.

We are introduced to new races, as well as taken to new places. The adventure and fantasy elements just jump off the page (err..kindle). There were also more displays of magic, that were pretty incredible. Perhaps a creature of some sort.. that's all I'm saying. ;)

Sora, though older, is still a young woman with a lot of responsibility. She rises to the challenge but comes across as very real in the doubts and worries that she has.

One more thing that I love about this series, is that each book doesn't really end (in an awesome way), that is to say, it comes across as one large story. As opposed to each book ending completely, then the next book having the same characters but some new problem. It reads like one large book seperated into several smaller books, sort of like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I really love the way T. L. Shreffler she has made each book flow seamlessly to the next.

Viper's Creed was amazing and this series is definitely one you don't want to miss!

~ This review was originally posted on runawaypen.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viper's Creed.

April 20, 2012 – Shelved