Maria Thomas's Reviews > Lakeshire Park

Lakeshire Park by Megan Walker

U 50x66
This is a cute, sweet and clean romance. For Amelia this is an enemies to love story but Peter just seemed to be amused by everything the whole time. Perhaps he is attracted to her because she is blunt in her dislike. Peter is cute and he and Amelia have some fun times together but I think he is kind of a rascal. A cute one, but rascal all the same.

I like the author's writing style and appreciated that she didn't overkill explaining how Amelia's feelings were changing. It wasn't a sudden change with no clue where it came from yet it was so subtle that suddenly it was just there. Her sister was awfully slow to see it though.

My only complaint about these characters was Peter taking so long to propose. When he knows the decision Amelia is facing, why doesn't he throw himself into the ring as an option? Don't be dense dude. I just don't get what he was waiting for.

This is an enjoyable, well written read. More than one couple gets their happily ever after but I'm wondering if some of the other characters might get books in the future too? I'd love to see Mr. Pendleton get a story. He is a minor character in this story but I think it would be sweet to see him find love again.

No sex, language or violence
*I received an ARC of this book through Netgalley and voluntarily chose to review it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lakeshire Park.

January 23, 2020 – Started Reading