Devon Ashley's Reviews > Covet

Covet by Melissa Darnell

Apr 20, 2012

bookshelves: omg-gimme-gimme-gimme, wowzers, completed-arcs, reviewed-on-blog, need-for-bookshelf

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Romeo and Juliet had it easy compared to these two. If you can't find it in your heart to root for Savannah and Tristen, me thinks it's made of stone.

Savannah and Tristen have been in love with each other since they were little kids, even going so far as to magically share dreams just to spend time together. Now that everyone knows about their secret rendezvous, their two opposing societies are on the verge of war. Tristen grew up a member of the Clann, a descendant in a long line of witches, and is expected to be their leader when his father steps down. Savannah was once part of that Clann too, but was cast out because her father added a few traits of his own to the genetic pool - vampire and succubus - making it easy for Savannah to lure men and drain them of either blood or energy. Since the witches and vamps are sworn enemies, the union of these two love-birds is absolutely forbidden.

Though devastated, Savannah's determined to save Tristen's life from her coven by letting go, but Tristen's ready to battle to the death with his Clann for their right to stay together. In the end, not only are they forced apart, but it's doubly cruel making them attend the same school under the constant scrutiny of watchful eyes, baiting them to defy their order of separation. But their battle to stay together only gets worse when Clann members suddenly start dying - their necks pierced and their bodies drained of blood. And since the Clann has always been wary of the peace treaty they have with the vamps, most are itching for a reason to go to war. Lies and deceit seem to hit them on both fronts. Will Savannah and Tristen begin to turn on one another to save their own kind, or will they find the strength to rise above them all and stand alone, knowing full well it'll probably be the death of them?

I've been dying to see how Covet would play out, knowing full well I'd be in for tears and heartache after the devastating blow Crave left Savannah and Tristen with. But it was so worth the wait - and the mind-numbing agony! The second installment of The Clann is more intense, and filled with so much action and suspense you'll be sucked in until the bitter, heart-wrenching end. Grab the tissues!

description

ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Covet.

April 20, 2012 – Shelved