D.K. Hundt's Reviews > When You See Me

When You See Me by Lisa Gardner

bookshelves: netgalley

WHEN YOU SEE ME was a difficult read from the very beginning, in the sense that it broke my heart again and again. The book opens with a young girl and her loving mother cooking dinner together, what should be a happy memorable moment turns into a devastating nightmare you won’t soon forget…

‘The house is agitated…The others don’t feel it...I place my hand on the wall closest to me. I try to tell the building it’s okay. I know bad things have happened here. It’s not the mansion’s fault, any more than it is mine. We’re both victims...

‘My name is Bonita. I am pretty. I am strong. I am my mother’s daughter. Always.’

I have to admit, when I got to Chapter Two of WHEN YOU SEE ME, I was bit confused, as it was evident that something had happened to these mix of characters previously, bringing them together at this moment, and I wasn’t privy to what it was, assured that all will be revealed, and when it wasn’t, I decided to do a quick search on Amazon. I learned that WHEN YOU SEE ME is book number eleven in the Detective D.D. Warren series.

‘Really...REALLY! Another book series?!’ my pocketbook screams at me as my debit card, still smoking from my previous book purchase (purchases, lets be honest), leaps out of my wallet and runs for the hills, leaving my lonely library card-quaking in its loose sleeve-to pick up the slack in the hopes of keeping my fantastic-book-fetish alive! HeHe!

Yeah, I can live with that.

If you’re not able to purchase this book and/or the previous ten, I highly recommend checking them out at the library.

Luckily, my Mom is a huge Lisa Gardner fan, so I’m hoping she will let me borrow a couple from her extensive wall to wall library that used to be my old bedroom. Kind of fitting, don’t you think. ;)

Thank you, NetGalley and Penguin Random House Publishing, for loaning me an advance eBook of WHEN YOU SEE ME in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You See Me.

January 23, 2020 – Shelved