KayBee's Bookshelf's Reviews > Lust Now, Cry Later

Lust Now, Cry Later by Tahanee

I think as a debut novel this was a pretty good story. As Sdia struggles to find her way romantically, a determined Mel enters the story waving red capes, not flags, in her face. She was not naive and while her intuition was saying beware along with the red capes being waved in her face, she decides to move forward with the relationship with Mel. We've all done it at some point so no judgment here. On the other side, poor Carl is being verbally abused by his philandering wife. In the unlikeliest of ways, the concurrent storylines meet at the end and the reader is left to assume what happened to the villains of the story. The story moved well, albeit there was a bit of repetition. I would have liked some insight as to what motivated Carl's wife to treat him the way she did. I think the story was overwhelmed a bit with several elements that it lost its way and chose the less interesting route. Sdia's childhood while mentioned on occasion was never dealt with in this book. What was the aftermath of divulging her truth to her family? How did Wiliam deal with his "new" normal? What happened to Carl? I'm hoping there will be a book two to tie up loose ends. There is more story to tell with these characters. I think if you want an easy, uncomplicated listen, this story is for you.

3.5 rolled to a 4

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lust Now, Cry Later.

January 23, 2020 – Started Reading