Nelia's Reviews > Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art

Apr 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-weirdness
Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Some spoilers!
I should start by saying that I absolutely love Christopher Moore. Several of his novels are among my very favorite books (A Dirty Job, Lamb, Fluke, Fool, The Stupidest Angel - to name a few). Now, a disappointing Christopher Moore is still a good book, but this was very disappointing. I laughed out loud a few times read this book, but that is nothing compared to how funny his other books can be. Moore's characters are always flawed, but possess a sweetness that makes you love them. He is also a master of the bittersweet ending, leaving you both happy and sad that the characters have gotten most of what they want. Not so in this book. While I had flashes of sympathy for the main characters, it was the first time I found myself actively rooting for a bad end for someone who was clearly meant to be one of Moore's flawed heroines. Sadly, that bad end did not come, and so I gave the book three stars instead of four.
I'm disappointed, but of course I will buy Moore's next book with extremely high hopes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacré Bleu.