Vix's Reviews > Blood Related

Blood Related by William   Cook

7521915

wow... where to start..
A simple story of a serial killing family.... but is it nature? nurture (or lack thereof)? or something else?
Set out with letters to a Court appointed Psychological Dr, newspaper articles and the fracturing mind of a serial killer this book is intense with capital letters.
You are made to feel like you are in the mind of Caleb as his Psyche fractures and encourages him to torture and kill....
You are allowed insights into why this happening, of the terrible childhood he had and then you glimpse the potential for another route.... his confusion about his lack of emotion yet the excitement of the hunt and kill is chilling to read.
I felt like I was witnessing these kills first hand and was getting very sick, so powerful was the writing.
I got a bit mixed up occasionally on who was narrating and the authors lack of understanding how SSRIs work really made me huff (but thats purely personal!) is why I "only" gave a 4star.
I feel absolutely wrung out after reading this, but feel strangely glad I did too.....
Brilliant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Related.