Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > My Wicked Gladiators

My Wicked Gladiators by Lauren Hawkeye

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, blog-tour, romance, historical, erotic, edelweiss
Read from April 19 to 20, 2012

This tale is told first person point of view, Alba’s point of view specifically. When readers first meet Alba she is a contently married woman living the life that one would expect of an upper class Roman female. Her husband owns one of Rome’s better Ludas (gladiator school.) I point out that she is content with the way things are. She feels they could be better, but she knows that things could always be worse. I am still shocked at the difference in the woman at the beginning of this book to the woman at the end.

When her husband and his physician approach her about her lack of baring a child she soon starts to see her husband as a different person. She also starts to see that changes need to be made in her life, but she is not in any position to see to any of those changes. Her position is dictated by her husband, even if he makes her feel like a common whore.

I loved Alba. She is seeing things in a completely different light than she ever has before. She knows that her husband is not the man he presents himself to be. He is greedy and manipulative. He is often cruel and she begins to feel as though she is just another of his possessions. His continued poor treatment of her only reiterates this fact repeatedly. The only comforts she has are her stolen moments with her two gladiators. The fact that a female in this time period began taking charge of her life was exhilarating.

As with any first person point of view I was left wanting more of Marcus and Caius. They know their place in this life and don’t hope for a change in their status. They are happy to have the moments with Alba that they are given, or the times they are stolen.

This is an erotic romance, there are numerous sex scenes. Some of the scenes include male on male, light bondage, voyeurism, paid sex, and anal. Alba’s time with her gladiators is very hot. Her gladiators care deeply for her. Their attention to her and her pleasures are exquisite. The time she gets to spend with Marcus and Caius makes it so easy to understand why she made the sacrifices she eventually makes to get her happiness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Wicked Gladiators.

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hawkeye Thank you for the fantastic review! This book was a lot of fun... an parts were also very emotional, particularly the baby issues. I'm so glad that yoy enoyed it! Happy reading!