Emma's Reviews > Of Curses and Kisses

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon

liked it

Full review HERE

I'm very sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I was going to.
I quite liked how the theme of Beauty and the Beast was taken and woven into the storyline, you can definitely see its elements in the novel.

I appreciated how the story was told from the points of view of Jaya and Grey, so that we got both of their perspectives. Grey was the character I liked the most, but there is no surprise there. He's a misanthropist who enjoys to read and to spend his time alone, I was bound to like him.
Jaya was okay, but at times she was a bit frustrating in my opinion. She just kept reciting herself the same mantra, that is "I'm the big sister and so I must sacrifice myself", throughout the whole book and after a while it just got annoying.

Also, I wish we could have seen more of the boarding school. We just got a few glimpses here and there and they weren't nearly enough to satisfy my interest for the school. I definitely needed more.

In the end this was just an okay read for me, but if you're into retellings you might want to check this book out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Curses and Kisses.

January 21, 2020 – Started Reading