Rosie's Reviews > The Two-Date Rule

The Two-Date Rule by Tawna Fenske

What do you get when a woman with a "2-date max" rule meets smokin hot smoke jumper was avoids relationships like a dry forest avoids lit matches?

The answer: Total hilarity! And obviously another Tawna Fenkse rom-com.

Fenske introduces us to Willa and Grady, who couldn't be more opposite if they tried. Willa is an only child to a single dad and owns her own website branding company out of her home; Grady comes from a massive family and jumps out of planes into wild fires. She plans and he... doesn't! But when it comes time to have the second date and shake hands, neither are ready to say "See ya." Instead they find clever ways to hang on and hang out, even as the differences pile on. Will they drown in those differences? Or be able to pull each out from them?

Every time I read another Tawna Fenkse rom-com, I know I'm going to laugh until I pee, even as I fall in love with the characters. Throw in some fun sexy times, and you can't lose!

I love that Willa is fun even though she's incredibly pragmatic; I also love that Grady funny even though his job is incredibly serious. You can tell Fenske took her time to research the character of Grady and his profession as a smoke jumper, making it realistic without being notes-heavy. I, myself, appreciate when the author takes care to know the tiny details that they don't necessarily write down in the story.

If you want a fast-paced, fun and funny read--full of double entendre and quirky mishaps--ending with a heated happily ever after, DEFINITELY grab a copy of The Two-Date Rule.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two-Date Rule.

January 14, 2020 – Started Reading