Sarah's Reviews > From the First Verse

From the First Verse by M.  Robinson

bookshelves: 2020-arc-reads

This book pulled me in from the first pages. The story of Cash McGraw and Journey "Junie" Pierce is one that is riveting and raw. From the foundation of their relationship when Journey was just a toddler/young child and Cash was a charming teenager to when they meet again over a decade later I was completely captivated by them and the easy way they came together.

It was so clear from the beginning that there was a special connection between Cash & Journey. The way they connected even with more than 10 years between them was magical and unique. The love that they each had for each other was apparent from their early years, and my heart raced knowing what may happen between them in the years to come.

Cash McGraw is the epitome of sex, drugs and rock and roll. He was pulled into this lifestyle at a young age, and his amazing talent catapulted him into the depths of life as a "rockband starving artist." My heart broke for him so many times... the way he fought to make his dad proud of him, his struggle with drugs and alcohol, his relationship with Harley, and eventually the downward spiral he found himself in. But no matter how low he became, his music was always there. His passion and determination were what made him shine and oh I fell for him!!!

When Journey & Cash reunite the book takes a turn. The connection and chemistry is natural from the beginning and I loved every second of them together. Journey is the light in Cash's life that he needs. But I was on the edge of my seat knowing that their relationship would not be as easy as it appeared as Cash's demons were still lurking in the shadows. When everything comes to a head, I love how strong Journey is for Cash. She wears her heart on her sleeve and never wavers when telling him her feelings. Cash needs Journey as his compass and I can NOT wait for Book 2 in this series to find out what direction he will follow.

I am so in love with this world and cast of characters and am eagerly awaiting Book 2!! Well done once again M Robinson!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From the First Verse.

January 20, 2020 – Shelved
January 20, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
March 21, 2020 – Started Reading
March 23, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020-arc-reads
March 23, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)