RopeSwing Reads's Reviews > Little Secrets

Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier

Read 2 times. Last read January 1, 2020.

Little Secrets has already been voted: Expected to be One of the Top Books of 2020 by book club submissions!

When I read this I was engrossed. Loved Marin. Hated Derek. I try not to give away spoilers, but when you first meet the husband you realize their marriage was just torn apart by the abduction of their son and the fact that he blames his Marin.

Then the story starts to move forward and you realize he is simply a selfish man, currently cheating while his wife falls deeper into a depression over her guilt of losing their son ONLY A YEAR BEFORE.

I mean how much of a pig do you have to be to cheat on your wife ONLY AFTER A YEAR?
How about… don’t cheat at all!

So, naturally I disliked (probably not a strong enough word) Derek from pretty close to the front of the novel.

Love Marin though; related to her on a mom level, as well as a wife and friend level. I truly wanted to jump into the novel and give her a big friend hug!

Speaking of friend, thank goodness Marin has the support of her longtime friend (since college) which (I hate admitting this) I found myself wishing more than a time or two that she would just go be with him. He loves her deeply and it’s obvious.

​Don't judge.

ENTER MYSTERY of the book… the husband’s young, thin, beautiful lover, Kenzie.

Yeah, this one had me crying. Had me yelling. Had me thinking I won’t enjoy another book for at least a month. Maybe I’ll re-read it again for good measure! ;)

Thanks to Minotaur Books and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for our honest review!

description
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Secrets.

Finished Reading