Beth Erin's Reviews > When God Made the World

When God Made the World by Matthew Paul Turner

bookshelves: faithfully-bookish, own-print, favorites

Full review & short quote on FaithfullyBookish.com

Matthew Paul Turner combines the delightful rhyming rhythms of a Dr. Suess classic with the depth, intimacy, and grandeur of a C.S. Lewis. The elevated vocabulary moves children out of predictable simplicity and invites them into the beautiful world of a skillful wordsmith.

When God Made the World is a joy to read aloud and the charming illustrations are worthy of repeated examination. This book feeds the appetite of thirsty young minds, plants seeds in their fertile souls, and affirms their tender spirits with the enormity of the Creator and His care for each beloved child.

Despite the fact that my own children have nearly all transitioned into chapter books, the irresistible quality of this author’s work compels me to continue building our picture book collection.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and was under no obligation to post a review. The opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When God Made the World.

January 20, 2020 – Started Reading
January 20, 2020 – Shelved
January 20, 2020 – Shelved as: faithfully-bookish
January 20, 2020 – Shelved as: own-print
January 20, 2020 – Shelved as: favorites
January 20, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Rebecca This is on my WANT list! I love his books!