Carien's Reviews > Savage Awakening

Savage Awakening by J.D. Tyler

Apr 19, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: pnr

This was a bit of a disappointment.

I had hoped this would be a hot, romantic, paranormal read.

I got about one and a half out of these three.

So... The scenes between Rowan and Aric were hot, no doubt about that. But the romance was no where to be found. I really didn't get why they fell for each other and even the mate trope wasn't convincing enough in this case. It just felt like two people seriously in lust, but not in love to me.

Then there was the paranormal part of the story. Aric is a shifter and there's also some other shifters and a fairy. so far so good. Then there's Rowan, who's promoted as a Psy Dreamwalker on the back cover of the book. I was really intrigued by that and was wondering how her powers would be used.

Yeah....

Apart from Rowan and Aric having some hot dream sex Rowan's Dreamwalker powers are left totally unused!

The story around the romance/hot sex wasn't very intriguing in my opinion and I did contemplate putting the book down about halfway through. I didn't because I was curious to find out what would happen to one of the side characters and guess what:
That storyline was left open to be continued in the next book.

All in all I am not impressed by this book and won't be reading other books in this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savage Awakening.