Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > In Five Years

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

bookshelves: 2020, 5-fangs, arc, best-2020, bittersweet, heartbreak, netgalley, publisher, unforgettable

"Love doesn't require a future."

Can I just say I have mixed feelings?
Not because I didn’t love the story but because I’m not sure I agree with the ending.

What a heartbreaking and beautiful story! In Five Years brought out so many emotions in me.

The novel is a story of two best friends, their friendship and the love, loss and hope they experienced.

From the first moment I opened this book, I knew I wouldn't be able to put it away for any reason. It's one of those books that demand your attention. This story spoke to me in so many ways. As I said earlier, it made me feel all types of emotions.

The characters:

We have Bella, a free spirit girl who had absentee parents growing up. As a rich girl, life has brought her everything she wanted except love; Love from her parents or love from a significant other. Yet, Bella falls in love easily. Bella is a good person and a good friend with a good heart.

Then, we have Dannie Kohan who is a woman with her feet well planted on the earth. She's all about numbers and she loves her job as a lawyer. When the book begins she’s getting ready for an interview with a new firm but she also suspects her boyfriend, David Rosen is about to propose. Dannie is happy with her life and her five-year plan. Then a dream happens. A very real dream where she wakes up five years into the future, in a different home, in Brooklyn, with a ring on her finger and with a different man. A man named Aaron Gregory. The dream shakes her to her core.

Years later, Dannie meets the man of her vivid dream and she tries to stay away from him but fate or her destiny has other plans for her.

In Five Years had an amazing writing and a well-developed storyline that I won’t easily forget.

Cliffhanger: No

5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Atria Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Five Years.

January 19, 2020 – Started Reading
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: heartbreak
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: publisher
January 28, 2020 – Shelved as: unforgettable

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Superb review Sheyla! So glad you loved this! Can’t wait to read this. 💖

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Fabulous review, Sheyla! I can’t wait to read this. I think I’m going to read it next month.

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Superb review Sheyla! So glad you loved this! Can’t wait to read this. 💖"
I loved it. I devoured it. I couldn't put it away.

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla! I can’t wait to read this. I think I’m going to read it next month."
I hope you love it as much as I did, Norma. It was so good!

message 5: by Jayme (new) - added it

Jayme I am looking forward to reading this one, even more so after your wonderful review! 💕

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "I am looking forward to reading this one, even more so after your wonderful review! 💕"
I couldn't stop reading it. My mistake was to start it at night...didn't go to bed until early morning.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review ❥❥So glad you enjoyed your read L💕ve ツ

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "❥❥So glad you enjoyed your read L💕ve ツ"Thank you, Paulette. IT was great!

message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise Wilbanks | This Is My Everybody | T.I.M.E. This book keeps circling around my feeds and really intrigues me. I will definitely dive in!.. Thanks for the great recommendation, Sheyla... ✨😎✨

Sheyla ✎ Denise wrote: "This book keeps circling around my feeds and really intrigues me. I will definitely dive in!.. Thanks for the great recommendation, Sheyla... ✨😎✨"
I hope you like it as much as me.

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise Wilbanks | This Is My Everybody | T.I.M.E. Sheyla ✎ wrote: "Denise wrote: "This book keeps circling around my feeds and really intrigues me. I will definitely dive in!.. Thanks for the great recommendation, Sheyla... ✨😎✨"
I hope you like it as much as me."
Thanks, Sheyla!... ✨😎✨

message 12: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wonderful review, Sheyla! 🧡 This sounds so good!

Holly  B Amazing review Sheyal! I enjoyed this one too.

message 14: by Yun (new) - added it

Yun Terrific review, Sheyla! I'm glad you loved it! This is on my TBR, and I look forward to reading it! :)

message 15: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Great review!!!

Sheyla ✎ Michelle wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! 🧡 This sounds so good!"
Thank you, Michelle.

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Amazing review Sheyal! I enjoyed this one too."
It was great, wasn't it?

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla! I'm glad you loved it! This is on my TBR, and I look forward to reading it! :)"
I hope you like it as much as I did.

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "Great review!!!"

message 20: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Wow, Sheyla, i might have to change my mind and request this.

Sheyla ✎ Christine wrote: "Wow, Sheyla, i might have to change my mind and request this."
You should read it. I loved it.