Alyssa Nelson's Reviews > Valentine Princess

Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot

Apr 18, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, humor, romance, diary

Valentine Princess is hilarious. Mia is freaking out because it's her first Valentine's Day as a couple with Michael, and she wants to do something special, but Michael isn't a fan of the "holiday," since he sees it as a way for companies to exploit money out of people. When reading the series, I opted to skip the companion books and read them later. I'm so glad I did that. It's been a couple of years since I finished the series, and having Mia back in my life is wondrous.

This was a short book, but I laughed throughout the entire thing, and I couldn't put it down. Meg Cabot proves how hilarious she is by throwing in some ironic statements by Mia that are supposed to prove how much she and Michael are meant for each other. Remember, although this was published in 2006, it's supposed to take place roughly around 2002. So she has some hilarious lines about Michael being the Brad to her Jennifer, and other references to "made-for-each-other" couples that weren't exactly made for each other.

Definitely a must-read for all Princess Diaries fans. Although, consider waiting to read this until you're either finished with the series or in publication order (after Book 7), because Meg throws in a few references that you won't get unless you're at Book 7. And trust me, it is so much funnier that way.

Also posted on Purple People Readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valentine Princess.

April 18, 2012 – Started Reading