Jenna Montgomery's Reviews > Justice: Crimes, Trials, and Punishments

Justice by Dominick Dunne

6191571
Apr 18, 2012

liked it

This was the first Dunne book I have read. Despite his fame as such a great author, I was not so impressed with his writing style, in fact I found it rather generic and not elegant.
The most riveting chapter by far is the first about his daughter's murder and trail. Dunne's heartbreak was palpable and the article was sometimes difficult to read.
Half of the book is about OJ and the rest of the articles are about high society people and murders that have occurred in their families. I know writing about high society is Dunne's niche, but constantly talking about himself, the famous people he knows, the fancy parties he is invited to, and the fancy restaurants he eats at had extremely snooty undertones and made Dunne look like an ass, in my opinion.
I guess I am not a fan of his style and the gossip circles he writes about. It seems so unimportant to the details of the murders and trials. In all, i did not like that this was the focus he took on the articles. However, I assume if he took a different, more journalistic approach, Vanity Fair would not have printed them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Justice.