T. Rosado's Reviews > The Two-Date Rule

The Two-Date Rule by Tawna Fenske

bookshelves: 2020, arc, rom-com

4+ Stars!

This author is easily able to change the tone of her storytelling when switching from women's fiction, her Entangled-published rom-coms, and her indie-published small town rom-coms. While Fenske's women's fiction/romance are some of my favorites, I have had great success with her Entangled releases. The Two-Date Rule was another wonderful entry from this line that showcased the author's quick wit, banter, and realistic poignancy. Initially, I felt like the actual two-date rule by the heroine was going to be a contrived plot device, but as the story progressed and more of Willa’s past was revealed, her strict, self-mandated rules began to make sense. The way that both the H/h lived their adult lives through a child's filter of what they witnessed growing up, was very realistic. Both characters had to confront those skewed perspectives in order to see a future with each other. I enjoyed this conflict and how they reconciled. With light wit and a highly developed story, this author continues to remain a favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two-Date Rule.

January 19, 2020 – Shelved