Helen's Reviews > The Lawson Sisters

The Lawson Sisters by Janet Gover

2120137

This is the first book I have read from this author and it won’t be the last, it is a beautiful story, compelling, moving and emotional and one that was very hard to put down once I picked it up. I loved the setting The Hunter Valley, is a beautiful place and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Elizabeth and Kayla Lawson and seeing them find their way again.

Lizzie and Kayla are living a fabulous life on a horse stud, Willowbrook at Scone in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales with their parents and many beautiful horses, and life is good, that is until tragedy takes their parents away and Liz must take over running Willowbrook and Kayla is sent to boarding school.

Liz never stops working she has made promises to her father that she must keep and guilt is a hard task master to cope with, the horses and the homestead are her life always, showing and training the horses is a lot of work but times are tough and Willowbrook is struggling financially and Liz is forced to contact her sister Kayla to ask for help.

Kayla makes a very good life for herself as a wedding planner in a the city far away from her sister and Willowbrook, visiting home or even chatting to Liz does not really happen, but when Liz calls and needs her help Liz goes home for a visit and puts a plan into place to help add some much need money to the homestead, being home makes her feel good, but working with Liz is not easy.

Kayla makes Liz remember the past even more and the secret is hurting more, especially seeing as how Mitch is now living next door, so many things have happened over the years, is it now time to tell Kayla the truth and will Kayla finally remember the day her parents were taken away?

I cannot highly recommend this book enough, beautifully written it is a must read, getting to know Liz and Kayla was fabulous there were tears and smiles as the girls finally find their way to happiness, Mitch was such a hero in my eyes, always there for Liz, I hope I have done this book justice it is so good, thank you Janet Gover for an awesome read, I look forward to many more stories from you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lawson Sisters.

January 18, 2020 – Started Reading
January 18, 2020 – Shelved
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
January 20, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Wonderful review, Helen!

Helen Sharon wrote: "Wonderful review, Helen!"

Thanks Sharon another fabulous book

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Lovely review Helen.

Helen Dale wrote: "Lovely review Helen."

Thanks Dale, it really is a great story

Veronica ⭐️ I can't wait to get a copy of this. I recommend The Wild One.

Helen Veronica ⭐️ wrote: "I can't wait to get a copy of this. I recommend The Wild One."

I am sure you will love it and thanks for the recommendation