Jo Reads Romance's Reviews > One Night in Tampa

One Night in Tampa by Angelique Migliore

A quick, fun and sexy read
4 stars

This is the first book I’ve read by Angelique Migliore but hopefully it will not be the last. She writes a quick, fun and deliciously sexy read with characters that feel authentic and all but jump off the page.

With being such a short story (97 pages), the ‘one night' in the title is actually the whole time span of the story - well more like one day and night. With that said, I really felt the growing feelings and emotions between Mari and Viv - the lust turning into something much more meaningful. This could be described as an ‘insta’ story but without the unrealistic declarations that sometimes feel false in these types of tale. With Mari and Viv, you can feel the giddiness - and almost fear - of finding someone you can really connect with and also know that there’s something more than just the lust.

And speaking of lust, this book was very sexy. I had to fan myself on occasion with all the dirty talk and dirty shenanigans between our couple. *Sigh* Add to that the cursing and I’m in bedroom (hotel room?) heaven! Yum!

Mari is of Cuban descent and uses smatterings of Spanish in her speech. My Spanish is woefully lacking but at least I learnt a few new words reading the book! Her speech patterns were also so authentic that I could almost hear her words with that sultry accent. Mari was a smart and fiesty woman. She knew what she wanted, what she didn’t want and went out and made things happen. Despite that, she felt kind, sweet and someone you would love as a friend. I really liked her.

Now Viv - he is my kind of hero. He’s wounded (an amputee), handsome and a complete smart-ass. I do so love me a smart-ass. Some of his comments had me laughing out loud - and some had me groaning - but you could see that under his humour he had some scars to go along with his physical ones. He was an alpha hero but with just enough vulnerability (and a genuine fear that Mari was too good for him) to make him someone to root for.

I really enjoyed this story. The characters felt real and the writing just naturally flowed. The only reason I didn’t give the book 5 stars is that it took me a short while to get into the swing of the story. But once I did, it was full steam ahead and I simply ate it up. It made me laugh, it made me sigh and boy did it get me hot! How I wish there had been an epilogue so we could catch up with Mari and Viv (and Bones) a few years into the future. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that we might get to see them pop up in a future book. But for now, I will keep my eyes open for future stories by Ms. Migliore - she’s definitely one to watch.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night in Tampa.

January 18, 2020 – Shelved