Keira's Reviews > Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours

Mrs. Frollein Collection by Valérie Minelli

I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Mrs Frollein is a character based off of the author Valerie Minelli, and this collection brings together the various comic strips that Valérie Minelli has drawn based on her relationship with her boyfriend, plus 25 new comics!. These comic strips are not intended to be autobiographical, and I therefore don't know whether to classify this is as non-fiction or not. Regardless, each of the comics is maximum a couple of pages long and they're ALL truly wonderful. There are some more solemn comics, but for the most part the collection was uplifting and I found myself laughing out loud many a time. Those of us in the reading sphere will probably relate especially to a comic in which the main character has a stack of unread books but rereads Harry Potter for the umpteenth time regardless. Another personal favourite of mine depicts a situation that you may also relate to: someone asks for directions, you tell them, and then later on you realise that the directions you gave were wrong. Such a horrible feeling, but pretty funny when you see someone in a comic do it, I found! If you like short little comics with illustrations that are beautiful in their simplicity (mostly black and white) and hilarious in how relatable they are, this is the collection for you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Frollein Collection.

January 18, 2020 – Started Reading