Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Awake at Dawn

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

bookshelves: favorites, owned-e-books

So we are now back at Shadow Falls in this 2nd installment of the Shadow Falls Series, by C.C. Hunter

Kylie still has no clue to who she is, or what she will become, other than excepting that she has this Ghost whispering gift. She is still very confused and desperate to find out what she is. Now that Lucas is gone for awhile, she has drawn even closer to Derek, who has never hid his feelings for her. But can she trust HER feelings? She is reluctant to commit herself to Derek, because Lucas is still on her mind.

Derek grew a lot in this book, made me love him even more…. He is super hot, sweet and sexy. I remember C.C. mentioning that people who are a Team Lucas may change their minds after reading Awake at Dawn… and she was right.

Although, I have always been a Derek fan, but Lucas is hot too. But in my mind, I take Faerie over werewolf every time, and in this book, he really tugs at your heart.

There are other romances in this book too, Miranda and her crush on Perry, the powerful shape shifter and there is Holiday and the camp leader and that sexy Vampire….

I really love the relationship Kylie has with the camp leader Holiday, like having an older sister, someone she can connect with. I am glad she has that.

The unusual friendship between Della, Miranda and Kylie is beautiful. The girls fight and piss each other off every so often but in the end they love each other and are truly loyal. Kylie grows and comes slowly to terms with being supernatural and not “normal” anymore. Still, deep down she’s lonely since she still is no step further about discovering her true self. She does not fit into any “group” so feels left out most the time. But in Awake at Dawn we will see Kylie grow even more exceptional than she already is and there are a few twists and turns you might not expect that were truly intriguing.

Overall, Awake at Dawn was full of growing relationships, friendships, with some love and romance. Going on this journey with Kylie and her friends to discover her true self was wonderful, and I loved every minute of it. This series has become one of my favorites, and will keep a place in my heart; I have come to care for the characters deeply. Wish I could move to Shadow Falls!

If you have not read Born at Midnight first, be sure to pick it up, as its the first in the Shadow Falls Series. Also a short story called Turned at Dark

Check out my blog for extras and more reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awake at Dawn.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

C.C. Hunter
“What you are doesn't matter. Because what you are isn't going to change who you are.”

C.C. Hunter
“You knocked the door down." Disbelief rang in his matter-of-fact tone.
"I know," she answered,unable to say anything else. Unable to look away from his body.
"But it's solid oak."
"I know." She felt the solid oak beneath her and a little shocked that she'd done it, too. If it mattered at all, her shoulder felt a little bruised. And it was the slight pain that brought some reality back into the moment.
"You don't have any clothes on." Oh, God, did she really say that?”

C.C. Hunter
“That woman is the most difficult, the most stubborn redhead I've ever had the displeasure of meeting."
He shot off, leaving only a blurry streak in his wake.
"And you're falling in love with her," Kylie whispered.”

C.C. Hunter
“Wow,” Kylie muttered, and grinned.
“Yeah, wow.” Della leaned in closer. “I think Perry just grew a pair.”
Kylie bit down on her lip to keep from laughing. “If this was a movie,
there would be some music playing in the background.”
“I could sing,” Della chuckled.
“And ruin it,” Kylie teased back. “I’ve heard you singing in the
shower.” Both grinning, they looked back at the kissing couple.”

C.C. Hunter
“Long story short, ghosts just coming out of the closet sucked at communication. Probably as bad as a beginner ghost whisperer sucked at getting them to communicate.”

Started Reading