Sara Jane Kehler's Reviews > Thr3e

Thr3e by Ted Dekker

Thr3e by Ted Dekker had me reading into the night and sleeping with my lamp on (as if the extra light would keep me safe!)

Things I loved about Thr3e:

Ted Dekker is an expert at building suspense through an entire book. In over 400 pages, I never once felt that the story lagged. That's impressive.

I love that this novel is creepy without bringing gore or perversion into the mix. It entertains, yet remains clean. No swearing. No sex. No over-done bloody scenes. Just pure suspense.

And the ending! I never suspected it. (Don't worry. No spoilers here.) Oh, I figured I knew what was happening or was going to happen at certain points, but then, BAM! Ted would change things up again so that by the end of the book, I just didn't see it coming. After all that, I would have been disappointed if the ending wasn't believable; but it was a plausible surprise.

My one complaint:

The last two chapters seemed like an attempt to wrap up the themes of the novel. I felt like I was being spoon fed to make sure I had received the message. I'd rather come to my own conclusions as to what I will take away from a book. Other than this tiny annoyance, I absolutely loved Thr3e.

(As for letting a younger audience read Thr3e by Ted Dekker: like I said, the book remains clean. There is no specific content in Thr3e that I would be concerned about having my child exposed to. That being said, you may want to consider whether your child has reached an age where they can handle a psychological thriller. Therefore, my recommendation would be: ages 13 and up.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thr3e.

Started Reading