D.K. Hundt's Reviews > Dead to Her

Dead to Her by Sarah Pinborough

bookshelves: netgalley

4.5/5.0*

‘Revenge is best served cold, but in the steamy Savannah heat, blood runs so hot that this Summer it might just boil over into murder.’

DEAD TO ME reminds me of the soap operas I would watch with my Mom back in the day, watching the drama unfold for an hour or two in the afternoons.

There is Drama-ah-plenty in this book, with lies, sex, money, greed, corruption, and let us not forget – murder - much like in General Hospital and One Life to Live, Moms favorites Soaps.

If you’re expecting to go into DEAD TO ME loving and empathizing with many of the characters, don’t, you will be very disappointed.

Pinborough does an excellent job of revealing while at the same time hiding each character’s shortcomings, bringing few to light in a way that will have you the reader, deciding for yourselves, who to trust, who to believe – No one? Perhaps.

You will just have to read the book and figure out the truth behind the lies, which, in my opinion, was half the fun. ;)

Thank you, NetGalley and HarperCollins Publishing, for providing me with and advance eBook of DEAD TO HER in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to Her.

November 28, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
November 28, 2019 – Shelved as: up-next (Kindle Edition)
November 28, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley (Kindle Edition)
January 17, 2020 – Shelved