Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Creeping Beautiful

Creeping Beautiful by J.A. Huss

The first J.A. Huss book I read was Come from the Dirty, Dark, and Deadly series.

That was it. It hooked me, here I was a shiny new J.A. Huss fan.

Harper is one of my all-time favorite FC, and James elite level dirty talker. Come, Come Back, Coming For You are books I've read multiple times. I followed them up with Rook and Ronin. The world she writes in is all tangled up. Many of her stories have cameos of past characters or reference past events.

Indie Anna Accorsi's heart is pulling her in four directions. She's broken into a million pieces, so it's easy for her heart to spread around willy-nilly. Each of her men serves a unique need: McKay is the nurturer/soul heal, Adam the 'daddy'/soul guide, Donovan is the confidant/soulmate, and Nate is the BFF/soul share.

The men she yearns for are very aware of who she is. They know what built her that way. In this world, looking out for number one is essential. Indie's protectors would do anything to free her of one more moment of the hell that bore her.

They are the world that created that fiery hell that hardened her into steel and blind-eyed knowledge of the evil men do. Men who stole her, bought her, bent her, broke her more, and set her free to burn down the world.

The dynamic of this story is well balanced in the most effed way. McKay and Adam are a bonded pair. Nate and Indie are a bonded pair. Donovan does everything he can to refuse any connections--but all this is a helpless soup of inevitable poison that will destroy them all.

How? Just read the book.

I enjoy the delicacy of the relationships between Indie and her guys. J.A. Huss is fantastic at combining sensuality and feral attraction. The rawness of the emotions Huss infuses her stories is her trademark. Indie will break your freaking heart; Adam is a firebomb; McKay makes my heartache, while Donovan is so annoyingly that guy who is one step beyond reaching. The dynamic is a flashbang that triggers all over the place, and you love to hate it every damn time.

If you enjoy Amo Jones, Gemma James, Penelope Douglas, or Penelope Bloom, you will enjoy Creeping Beautiful.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creeping Beautiful.

January 17, 2020 – Shelved