Jackie's Reviews > Misery

Misery by Stephen King

F 50x66
Apr 18, 2012

I can honestly say this is my favorite book. King is a phenomenal writer, and this is my favorite of all of his books. This isn't a horror story about fictional monsters; this is something that could actually happen to a person. That's part of what makes it creepy.
I loved the details in this book. You can almost feel the pain and struggles that Paul has to deal with. Also, because there's only two characters, you can really get to know a lot about each of them. This story is sick and twisted. It's the kind of twisted that makes you not want to put the book down.
There's a lot of suspense. This is one of those books you can spend hours reading; the kind of book that you'll continue to read, even when you're tired, hungry, and need to use the bathroom. You never want to stop. You always want to know what's going to happen next.
I would definitively recommend this book to any Stephen King fan, or anyone who likes creepy, suspenseful stories. I was so disappointed when I finished it. Not because I didn't like the ending, but because I wish there was more to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misery.