Tylor's Reviews > Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!

Righteous Indignation by Andrew Breitbart

U 50x66
Apr 18, 2012

Read from April 18 to 24, 2012

It sucks that I only heard just started looking into Andrew Brietbart after his death. Luckily for me there was a plethora of Youtube videos and interviews to refer to in researching him. This book jumped out at me after reading the free sections and watching the Hoover’s Institute where he talked about being a default liberal through High School and college at Tulane. Being originally from the left or the automated left as he called it, I could definitely relate to his experience and transformation. You can definitely see who it transformed his character.

I’d never heard any of the stories (minus a little about the ACORN takedown) that he told in the book (I try desperately to not follow the mainstream media or FOX), so I was literally glued throughout and found the book completely riveting. The tales about Weinergate, ACORN and the rise of the Right Blogosphere were so intriguing. Compared to the normal dry, economic analysis/CATO Report/theory/studies that I’ve been reading this was a drop of fun in my reading list. I’d highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning about new media and the war of words that plays out on daily basis. A great companion to his book from the other “side” would be Bloggers on the Bus which chronicles the rise of the Left blogosphere.

Overall, I give it high marks for being entertaining and informative.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Righteous Indignation.