Nithu's Reviews > Redemption

Redemption by Olivia Duncan Craig

Apr 18, 2012

I thought this book really captured the awkwardness of such an artificial relationship. Jason is a class one bondmate. This means that his contract with Devin doesn't just cover professional duties (in this case Jason is being contracted as Devin's PA), but sexual services, too.

Once the contract is signed, there is a 72 hour period where they can get to know each other and either party can call it off. Both men struggle with deciding where the boundaries are. While their arrangement is a formal one, there is a contract, in day-to-day living such formality is cumbersome. Each man has to decide for himself where the line is between service and intimacy.

The POV alternates with each chapter so we get to see in both men's heads, to see how each man deals with the issues he faces and how his history affects his decisions. I found it totally fascinating and very well done.

One of Devin's big questions is why Jason has chosen this course at all and as the story unfolds we discover that Jason has secrets which eventually catch up with him and threaten the tenuous equilibrium of their relationship.

Overall, a very enjoyable read :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.