Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > Tracks

Tracks by Louise Erdrich

bookshelves: read2020, erdrich-medicine-readalong, around-the-usa, location-usa-nd

Tracks by Louise Erdrich is the first of the Erdrich Medicine Readalong in Instagram and I have enjoyed the discussion so far, discussing memorable Anishinaabe characters that apparently will be reappearing in several more novels. The two narrators in Tracks - Nanapush and Pauline - are very distinct but Fleur must be the most compelling character. I finished this a week ago and have continued to think about it, so you know it's good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tracks.

January 15, 2020 – Shelved
January 23, 2020 – Shelved as: read2020
January 23, 2020 – Shelved as: erdrich-medicine-readalong
January 23, 2020 – Shelved as: around-the-usa
January 23, 2020 – Shelved as: location-usa-nd

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie In my opinion, Louise Erdrich deserves more readership than she has. Thanks for giving her work some more attention on here!

Jenny (Reading Envy) Julie wrote: "In my opinion, Louise Erdrich deserves more readership than she has. Thanks for giving her work some more attention on here!"

Thanks Julie. She has long been an author I felt I was overlooking.

message 3: by Julie (last edited Jan 23, 2020 10:02AM) (new)

Julie I've chosen her novel, The Beet Queen, to represent the North Dakota portion of my Reading Road Trip this year, so I haven't read it yet, but I would like to recommend The Master Butcher's Singing Club. Fantastic writing!

Jenny (Reading Envy) Julie wrote: "I've chosen her novel, The Beet Queen, to represent the North Dakota portion of my Reading Road Trip this year, so I haven't read it yet, but I would like to recommend The Master Butcher's Singing ..."
Oh great. I know the Beet Queen is one of the books on the "medicine readalong" pile!

message 5: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Jenny , one of my goals this year is to read more Erdrich. I’ve read several, but definitely need to get to this one.

Jenny (Reading Envy) Angela M wrote: "Jenny , one of my goals this year is to read more Erdrich. I’ve read several, but definitely need to get to this one."

If you’re in Instagram, follow @erins_library and @thunderbirdwomanreads because they are running a readalong!