Kerry's Reviews > Destiny Calling

Destiny Calling by Fabian Black

4019051
Apr 17, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: m-m, e-book-own, domestic-discipline, kobo
Read in June, 2012

Sam is a brat--an annoying, funny, frustrating, sweet brat--who is in desperate need of discipline, structure and unconditional love. Colin wants to give Sam all of those things, especially the unconditional love, much to the dismay of Colin's friends who wonder what he sees in the annoying, insulting Sam.

I really liked the first half of this book. I came to love Sam and to understand his outbursts and tantrums. My heart broke for the way he was raised. What a horrible family he has.

The second half of this book was very frustrating for me. Why? FOLLOW THROUGH!!! When you make rules you have to follow through. Whether it's parent/child, teacher/student, employer/employee, etc. you have to follow through with what you say you will do or it just becomes an empty threat. I can't count how many times that Colin threaten to spank or otherwise punish Sam, yet he rarely did. Sam just continued to walk all over Colin. Colin's friend Jon told him that this was happening, but Colin just let it continue. I actually had to start skimming some of the book because I couldn't take it anymore. It's too bad because, as I said, I really like the first half. I loved both Sam and Colin. I just wish that their relationship had progressed a little differently.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny Calling.