Peter's Reviews > Daughter of the Blood

Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop

Jul 16, 2007

did not like it
Recommended for: people you hate

My wife bought the first book in this series and for some reason read it. The whole time she read it she complained how bad it was. Then for some reason I read it and we finished the series. The only explanation I can come up with is that magic is real, anne bishop is a witch and we fell under her spell. Even now I fall into the black obsidian stone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Blood.

Started Reading
January 1, 2005 – Finished Reading
July 16, 2007 – Shelved

Tokies lol thats a great review "magic is real, anne bishop is a witch"

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (A French Girl) Lol!! Your review is so funny!

Aimee Thank heavens I wasn't the only one. I spent the entire sojourn complaining to my friends about how terrible it was but I couldn't put it down.

message 4: by Ana (new) - rated it 1 star

Ana Tesserell I feel you. This crap is as bad as Anne Rice's vampire books

message 5: by Kathleen C. (new) - added it

Kathleen C. lol I finished this book yesterday and I was complaining to my husband about how awful it was but I pushed through hoping it would get better. happy to have read your review and to know in not alone.

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff I think for one reason or another people are sometimes determined to feel a certain way about something. Someone might decide they think something sucks, and then since they don't want to feel fickle they continue saying it sucks and even trying to convince themselves it suck, regardless of what they actually feel and how that might change.

Anyway, all I have to say is, if you read NINE freakin books... I hate to break it to you, but no matter which way you slice it. YOU ENJOYED THESE BOOKS. Sorry, mate. It's just the truth I offer you.

message 7: by Ema (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ema Ann Bishop is a gifted story teller. I completed the entire series and just finished Belladona.

message 8: by Talita (new)

Talita Hahahahahaha

Alison Well this review (along with many others) confirmed that I wasn't just being weird about this book. Thankfully I wasn't the only one.

message 10: by KimberlyRose (new) - added it

KimberlyRose Lol! Catchy review. But I have to agree with Jeff's point about commitment. So, what was it you didn't like? I'm just starting this series, I wanna k own if I should commit.

message 11: by KimberlyRose (new) - added it

KimberlyRose Wow, this was a long time ago--I just realized. You may not remember!