Steph Cherry's Reviews > Isaiah's Legacy

Isaiah's Legacy by Mesu Andrews

The story of Manasseh has always gotten to me. How could a man raised in Hezekiah's household and tutored by the prophet Isaiah turn so far into evil? Reading this made think of the ways the enemy has turned my own head as well as the heads of those I loved. We live in a day of sacrificing babies, a culture bent of worshipping sexuality and self. It seems shocking to read it in the context of the Old Testament kings, but we are also living it.

I really enjoyed this book as a whole. I had a hard time getting into it because of what seemed like an overuse of cutesy nicknames to me. It made the gravity of the telling seem less. About halfway through I was able to begin ignoring it and get into the story. There are gaps filled in and historical narrative that fills in blanks for you. Some, of course, is made up for the sake of story. It gives you a whole picture of the events that unfolded and led to Manasseh turning away from and returning to God. It's fascinating. It is also a warning of us all. Through it all, this is a story that will stick with me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isaiah's Legacy.

January 15, 2020 – Started Reading