Mark Bailey's Reviews > The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far: Why Are We Here?

The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far by Lawrence M. Krauss

bookshelves: melony-office

Krauss goes largely into nuclear and particle physics where many of my quantum physics books don't. He does great history research on the physicists with perspective on how their discoveries and conclusions came about. Krauss simplifies for the lay reader about as much as possible, but it is not simple. There are enough effects named after an alphabet soup of physicists to keep the reader cross-eyed. Another emphasis is quantum physics after 1950 which is more complicated, less inspiring, and often overlooked.

I am interested in consciousness and its undeniable roll in the quantum. Krauss has a scold about ignoring evidence and letting arrogance and belief get in the way of open minded, honest exploration. Then he arrogantly dismisses consciousness exploration as woo best left to the unserious like Deprak Chopra. So, in fact, he completely glosses over the greatest story. Perhaps he is right about, "So Far." The best is yet to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far.

January 1, 2020 – Started Reading