Shantala (Shanaya Tales)'s Reviews > Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion

Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk

liked it
bookshelves: 2020, audiobook, non-fiction, business, entrepreneurship

This book came highly recommended - by many successful bloggers, influencers & digital entrepreneurs. It's the reason why I picked it up. And after reading it, I guess I see why they would recommend this.

But this book was published in 2009. And I read it in 2020. Considering it's primarily about pursuing your passion in an increasingly digital economy - the information is outdated at this point. Which is understandable, especially considering the massive technological advances of the past decade. But it also means that the book is no longer as useful.

For instance the author talks about the need to keep up with the times & establish your business on online platforms, and the new and potentially profitable platforms he highlights are Facebook and Twitter. So you see, the content of the book, while super relevant when it was published, is not really evergreen.

There is one evergreen message though -Follow your dreams & WORK HARD!

That being said, I am going to next check out the follow up book to Crush It - Crushing It. Since it was published in 2018, I believe it might have more relevant insight.

- Shantala @ Shanaya Tales

Blog | Facebook | Bookish Tweeting | My Bookstagram | Bookish Pinning

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crush It!.

January 15, 2020 – Started Reading